We might often wonder how to find suitable yarns and designs which would satisfy the crochet pattern hunger for many of us.
There is no doubt that knitting and crocheting patterned garments can amp up our wardrobe, adding lots of quirk to our outfits throughout the year!
Wish to begin your crochet journey? This blog might have something good stuff for you.
Why choose Crochet patterns?
Whether it is a bohemian look that you wish to crochet and flaunt, or a classy and formal one, or a traditional piece of clothing - crochet patterns can be your best choice, without a doubt!
What can you make by Crocheting?
There is an endless number of designs that one can come up with crocheting?
Well, to name some, there are blankets, Afghans, bedspreads, baby blankets, baby clothes, sweaters, scarves, hats, purses, bags, dolls, Christmas tree decorations- the list goes on and on!
Crocheting is all about spreading love and joy to your and dear ones. It is all about creating by letting your imaginations fly.
How to begin Crochet?
Unlike knitting, Crochet is done with a single needle.
There are various types of crochet stitches, but here are some of the first few for you to begin your venture with Crochet-
This is the most basic of all the crochet stitches. Here’s how you begin-
- Hold the crochet hook in your hand and move the slip knot on the hook
- Bring the yarn over the hook from back to front and grab it with the hook
- Draw hooked yarn through slip knot onto the hook again
- Skip the first chain stitch
- Insert hook into the center of the next chained stitch and keep doing that again and again, at a regular pace
Once you start, the possibilities are endless! You can make simple crochet dishcloths, coasters, blankets, beanies, shawls, and so much more.
2. Double Crochet Stitch
It is also one of the basic stitches once you begin crocheting. It is the fastest type of crochet stitch and is quite versatile, which can be used in many ways.
- Make a chain of 18 chain stitches (or whatever number you may want)
- Yarn over the hook and insert your hook between the two front loops and under the back bump loop of the hook chain.
- Yarn over (yo) and gently pull the wrapped hook to the center of the chain, carrying the wrapped twine through the stitch.
- (yo) the hook again, and draw your yarn through the first two steps of your hook
- (yo) the hook, and draw your yarn through the last two loops of the hook
- To finish double crocheting, work one double crochet stitch to each successive chain stitch across the foundation chain.
- Repeat this method with each row of your double Crochet
This type of crochet stitch falls somewhere between single and double crochet stitch. Every crochet pattern begins with a slip knot- Crochet a foundation chain
- Start in the correct chain to work the first half double crochet foundation chain
- Yarn over and insert the crochet hook
- Yarn over and pull through the stitch
- Yarn over and over again, pulling the yarn through the stitch
- Yarn over and pull through the loops
- (yo) one more time, through all the three loops
- Complete the row, yarn above and insert hook into the next stitch and repeat at a regular pace.
It is one of the prettiest crochet stitch types. Bobble stitch is usually done in one stitch; the next stitch is skipped to make the bobble prominent!
- Single Crochet into the second chain around the hook on your foundation chain to the end of the row
- Single Crochet into the first single crochet stitch, to the end of the row
- Repeat row 2 until you have 5 rows of single Crochet
- Yarn over, insert your hook into the next stitch, and pull the yarn through
- Yarn over and pull yarn through two loops only.
- Repeat it until you have five stitches on your hook in one initial loop- till you finally have the bobble made prominent.
- Recognize the shape of the stitch
- Look at the sides of the fabric and count the single crochet stitches from the bottom to top
- To count, look at the single crochets along the left to the right row
Why is Crochet interesting?
Crocheting may look like a grinding task, but it is not. Whether you are an adult, teenager, or a child, crocheting can be adopted as a hobby for everyone!
If you’re a beginner, you can begin with small projects and simple crochet stitches, as mentioned above, and through constant practice, you will be able to teach others how to crochet within no time!
Muezart offers you an all-season, 100% natural Eri silk knitting and crocheting yarn, with which you can crochet and knit during summers as well as winter!
Also, our yarn is dyed especially from plants and minerals!
So, what are you waiting for? Hurry up and adorn your love for Crochet with Muezart’s Eri silk knitting and crocheting yarn now!