When You Buy Eri Silk 3 Things Happen:
We believe in going beyond profit.
We’re all about creating opportunities that transform women’s lives.
By creating new uses and markets for slow made, handmade Eri silk yarn and fiber we are reviving age-old traditions found in the villages of Meghalaya India.
Like these inspired and curious Ri Bhoi women seeing the products that were made from the cocoons they sold to Muezart.
What Makes Us Different?
1. We’re locals who are invested in our own people. We speak the language, we’re at the source. There’s no middle-man.
2. We are locally known as a fair, ethical, and innovative business. Everyone benefits: customer, maker, and Muezart
3. We hand pick every woman leader because of her belief in reviving the Eri silk traditions of Meghalaya.
4. We’re into natural. Every cocoon is processed naturally and by hand. No electricity or machinery is used. Our dye ingredients are plant based and locally grown and gathered.
5. Our flagship product has a small carbon footprint. Each Eri silk cocoon comes from a circular supply chain within a small village radius.
6. We’re regenerative. We are a small team developing and learning every day. Our classroom is the village and we learn from you, our customer.